Best overall- 232- Thing 1 wall
When kids mess up, parents are embarrassed and thus the natural tendency is to make an excuse for the kids. John Maxwell's quotes may help parents avoid this temptation.
My father, born in 1915, is working on becoming 100. When I was a kid and unjustly punished at school I naturally complained to my father. It did no good. He would always say, "Can you think of something you did wrong within the past two weeks for which you weren't caught?" I could always answer, "Yes." He'd then say, "Well, just take the punishment for that."
Quotes from John Maxwell-
"It is easier to go from failure to success than it is from excuses to success."
"Excuses are like exits along the road of success that lead us nowhere.
We recognized our counselor, Julie Simmons with a certificate and proclamation.
Thank you Julie for all that you do for us at Longfellow!
WATCH D.O.G.S. WANTED!!
JOIN OUR WATCH D.O.G.S. WALL OF FAME
CALL LONGFELLOW AT 402-461-7584 TO SIGN UP
(BACKGROUND CHECKS REQUIRED)
is an innovative father involvement, educational initiative.
1. To provide positive male role models for the students, demonstrating by their presence that education is important.
2. To provide extra sets of eyes and ears to enhance school security and reduce bullying.
- Students gain positive male role models.
- Schools gain an extra set of eyes and ears. The presence of a father or father figure will provide an additional deterrent to bullying, enhance a sense of security in the building, and will help to create an environment conducive to learning.
- Fathers get a glimpse of their students’ everyday world and learn about the increasingly complex challenges and decisions today’s youth are facing. As a result, they can learn to relate better to their student and hopefully connect with them.
- Fathers gain a greater awareness of the positive impact they can have on their student’s life in three critical areas including: academic performance, self-esteem, social behavior.
- Due to budget shortfalls and cutbacks, often teachers are presented with larger classrooms each year. The WatchDOGS volunteers provide real and important help for the teachers and the students.
|The nurses office is in need of small windpants, sweat pants, etc., sizes 4-6, 6-8 or 8-10. We need both boys and girls pants and shirts, sizes small and medium. If you have any to donate, please consider sending them to school. With accidents and small children getting wet, our supply runs low very quickly. If you have borrowed any, it is also helpful if, after they are washed, you return them to the school so that they may be used again.
See What Other Fun Things We Have Been Up To!